Shivaganga > Tumkur (near Bangalore) > Karnataka >india
Distance : 47 kms from Bangalore
Difficulty Level : Moderate
How to reach trek starting point : Majestic Bangalore -> Jalahalli ->shivaganga betta
Shivaganga betta: “Betta” is Kannada word which means “hill” in English. shivaganga hill comes in Tumkur district. This trek come under one day trek category.
SHIVAGANGA HILLS ROUTE :
There is well marked route is there till the hill top. There are steps (whenever it becomes steep ) till half the way. Trek starting point is a temple which is dedicated to Lord shiva.
SHIVAGANGA HILL TREKKING DIFFICULTY :
Moderate. There are steps and protecting iron poles for most part of trek trail. Without protecting iron pipes trek would have become difficult one.
Shivaganga trek distance : 3 Kms (one side).
Time to trek Shivaganga hill : For average trekker it may require 2 to 3 hours to reach peak from temple which is there at the foot hill
EARLY MORNING TREK ITINERARY:
- Start from Bangalore(Mejestic) at 4 AM(its 47KMS journey requires at least 1 hour to reach from majestic )
- Reach Shivaganga foothill at 5 AM
- Start trekking at 5 AM
- Reach peak by 6.30 AM
- Watch sunrise from peak (Check out sunrise timings before you plan)
- Start descending by 7.30 AM
- reach foothill by 9 AM
- Reach to Majestic by 10 AM