This board is at Kulem railway station. From both side i.e Castle rock(Karnataka) and Kulem(Goa) side its banned. From Castle rock side ban is followed strictly. Few trekkers still trekking from Kulem side using mud route (To check their luck 🙂 ). you can find mud route details below.
* Image and update credits : Anusha Mohan
INFORMATION IN BRIEF
Location: Dudhsagar falls > Goa (State) > India (Country)
Distance from Bangalore: 570 Kms
Trek difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Dudhsagar trekking options:
Route -1 : Castle Rock to Dudhsagar falls
Route -2 : Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on track
Route -3 : Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on mud road
Dudhsagar trek distance:
Route -1: Castle Rock to Dudhsagar falls – 14 KM(Oneside)
Route -2: Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on track – 11 KMS (One side)
Route -3 : Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on mud road – 12 KMS (One side)
Time to trek :
Route -1 :Castle Rock to Dudhsagar falls : 6-8 hours (One side)
Route -2: Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on track – 4 to 6 hours (One side)
Route -3 : Kulem to Dudhsagar falls on mud road -4 to 6 hours (One side)
Best time to trek : July to Dec (during Monson )
Permission: Not required
Route -1 : No Fees
Route -2 and Route 3 : Rs 20 per person
INFORMATION IN DETAIL:
Dhudhsagar falls is there in the border of Goa and Karnataka, Dudh sagar falls located at Bhagwan Mahavir Wild Life Sanctuary.
How to reach from Bangalore :
Train is best option to reach trek starting point. Train number 17311 (MAS VASCO EXP) is best option which runs on friday only.
Dudhsagar Trek Route Options :
Route -1: Castle rock to Dudhsagar route :
- Castel Rock is last railway station from Karnataka side.
- This is most popular trek route. Hence crowded in week ends
- Tunel number-2 is longest tunnel on this route(Tunnel distance : 409 Mts)
- You will cross Karnataka-Goa route.
- Dudhsagar station comes 1KMS before Dudhsagar falls
Route -2: Kulem to Dudhsagar route on track
- First station after crossing Karnataka- Goa border where train stops.
- On this route you will get view of falls multiple times. You will see track bridge in front of Dudhsagar falls
Route -3 : Kulem to Dudhsagar route on mud road
- This trek route also starts from Kulem.
- On this route you required to trek first 4KMS on track
- Then required to trek next 7KMS on wide mud road.
- Last stretch you required to do ascend for .5 KM, this trail will join tack again near to Dudhsagar falls
Trek Distance :
- Castle rock – 13KMS – Dudhsagar station – 1KMS – Dudhsagar falls Total distance : 14 KMS ( Of-course one side)
- Kulem route on trek -11 KMS
- Kulem to Dudhsagar route on mud road: 12KMS
You can camp near to Dudhsagar station. Carrying tents is must if you want to stay back(only Sleeping bags may not be sufficient).
Food availability :
You wont get good food there, You will get only tea and snacks. Better to carry your food or Maggie
Must Carry :
- Torch: You must carry torch which is required very much while crossing tunnels
- Jerkin/Rain coat : If you are trekking in monsoon then its better carry raincoat as it rains heavily in this region
- Salt : Just after monsoon leeches will be there, Better to carry salt.